Tuesday, June 12, 2018

It Got A Bit Chilly Last Night...6-12-2018

Ok, I had to think a minute, or two, about how to even post something on my blog.  I haven't blogged anything for almost two months.  My daughter and her husband got me interested in Instagram and Marco Polo and my blog has kind of taken a back burner.  I even had a blogger friend that asked me if I was OK because I hadn't blogged for such a long time.  Guess I'd better start blogging a bit more often, huh?! 
This morning as my husband and I were talking at the breakfast table, he stated that it got pretty cold last night.  When he went out at 6am this morning to move his wheel lines he said that everything under the wheel lines had received a coating of ice.  In my mind, I was thinking of a bit of frost and I didn't think much of it until we were driving to the mechanics (approx. 12 miles from our home) and as we drove past the fields in the area, I saw the ice.  My husband said ours looked just like that this morning.  I don't have pictures of our wheel lines so I took some others on our way home from dropping our car off.  Burrrrrrrrrrrrr!
 
As we were on our way home, we passed by a canal and I asked my husband to stop so I could get a picture because it looked so pretty with the mountain reflections and it was really full of water.  He stated that this canal is actually an abandoned canal but where we have received so much moisture, they are using it to divert water.  I took photos from both sides of the road.
 
It's beautiful, but sad at the same time.  It's nice to see the water where we were in a drought situation for so many years but sad that peoples property and homes are being damaged.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi!

There you are, so good to see you! Love those frozen photos, I always think it's so pretty when the water freezes from watering! I try to tell my kids that there's always a frost somewhere in the middle of June!

It is wonderful that the lakes, rivers and reservoirs are filling up, but so sad that peoples property has been damaged. I'm so grateful that we don't live near the river. Although a year ago in February, when the snow started melting, it was running through the empty fields like a river and flooded several homes around us.

So good to see you here! I did have an Instagram account, now I have to figure out how to use it...I may have to give you a call to tell me how to do it from my PC.

Be safe and enjoy these wonderful warm days!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

LeAnn said...

It was so fun to see that you had posted something. I have missed your blogs. I do hope you will keep blogging because I love the things you post.
The canal water does look clear, and the photos are lovely. I wish we had more rain here. I thought we were doing well, but I have been reading that Utah is in a problem with the drought this year. The farmers in some areas are anxious.
It has just been warming here nicely, so it feels like summer is here.
Well, dear friend, it is sweet to know that all is well in your neck of the woods.
Blessings and hugs

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging I like it. Burr is right. Cool pictures...Max