Wednesday, September 27, 2017

October 2017 Visiting Teaching Handout

I love Fall.  I love Halloween colors.  I love this time of year.  And so with that in mind, I decided to incorporate those things into making my visiting teaching handout for October.  At first, I contemplated posting a handout I'd made with a cute Halloween graphic.  As I  got to thinking about it, I thought it might be a little distracting as to the message that needed to come forth, so I deleted much of what I had and basically started over. 
I really liked the leaves that I used in my September handout so I used them again for October.  I still wanted to use Halloween/Fall colors of black, purple, gold, burnt oranges and greens, yet make it elegant. 
The October Visiting Teaching Message for the month is titled: Enfolding With Love Those Who Stray.  In this message, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf stated that whatever problems your family is facing, whatever you must do to solve them, the beginning and the end of the solution is charity, the pure love of Christ.
I based my handout on the words written by Linda K. Burton.  It's a comforting thought to know that Heavenly Father loves all His children and that He wants us all to find our way back home.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi~

Gorgeous! I live your handouts, they are all so pretty!

I love the message for october...I have some friends who are struggling, and this message was exactly what I needed to hear...thank you for posting it...💟

Hugs and Love,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Thank you for sharing these. I love the message for October. We just got released from our mission. I was called about a week before to be the Stake RS President. I was so blindsided but it was a spiritual experience. I really love your ideas so I hope I can use some of them. You are so creative; that isn't one of my talents. I think this calling is way above my head.
That quote is so beautiful and I may use this for my Auxillary training at the end of the month.
Blessings and hugs for you!