Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Week Old Kitties

Last year, a mamma kitty adopted our home as her home.  When I first noticed her, she was really wild.  She rarely came near our home and when she did, the minute we touched the door handle to go outside, she was off and running.  Then one day I came home, got out of my car, and noticed her sitting at the corner of the house.  She didn't move so I ignored her, kept walking towards the house while very softly calling "Kitty, kitty, kitty".  A few days later, I sat on our back porch with a slice of cheese.  I threw a piece of cheese in her direction and to my surprise, she came and got it.  With each piece, I placed it closer and closer to where I was sitting.  Eventually, she came up on the porch to get the cheese I had placed next to me.  I did this for some time then reached out to touch her.  At my slightest touch, she ran off but kept returning for more cheese and each time, she let me pet her for longer periods of time.  Now, she is a pest.......always wanting to be petted and weaving between my legs while walking.
Last week, on Sunday, June 12th, mamma kitty had baby kitties.  They are so darling and today was the first time I picked them up.  Even at this tiny stage of their lives, these little kitties were spitting at me.  Not literally spitting, but making a spitting sound that wild cats make.  Now they have their eyes open, I will make it a point each day to go out and pet/hold them so they will get used to humans.  They are so cute.........love baby kitties.

 
 

4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Adorable little kittens. They will keep the mice away when they get bigger! Enjoy the rest of this week.

Anonymous said...

They are cute. She found a good cozy place to have them. You will have them eating out of your hand in no time...Max

daiseedeb said...

What a great story. Patience prevails! I love kitties too. Lucky you!!!

LeAnn said...

We actually had a cattery for a while many years ago. We raised Persian kittens. I really loved all the kitties we had. I love how you influenced the mother cat to get close to you. Loved the sweet photos. Hugs~