Thursday, December 29, 2016

January 2017 Visiting Teaching Handout & Poster.......Relief Society Is a Temporal and Spiritual Work

The fact that the Visiting Teaching message starting off the new year is "The Purpose of Relief Society", tell me how important visiting teaching really is. 
In the last part of the message, the Prophet Joseph Smith stated this: "The Relief Society was not just another group of women trying to do good in the world.  It was different.  It was 'something better' because it was organized in priesthood authority.  Its organization was a necessary step in the unfolding of God's work on earth." 
Carole M. Stephens, First Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, said a lot in one statement......Relief Society is a Temporal and Spiritual Work.
I pray that all LDS women will take heed to this message and feel its importance in looking out for one another....tending to needs and being of service.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi~

I love the new message for January. Its such an important organization, and truly blessed. I sometimes feel out of the loop being in YW, so visiting teaching keeps me in touch with the women, and I love the ladies I go visit!! They do way more for me than I ever do for them.

What a beautiful poster! Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lovely poster! It will look very nice on our bulletin board. Thank you for sharing!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Relief Society is awesome - usually - and when it isn't it is probably my own fault. Really, I do love Relief Society. Happy New Year to you and your family!

LeAnn said...

Thanks for this one! I love the Relief Society so much.
Wishing for you a wonderful New Year celebration and a blessed New Year.
I am sending extra hugs and love your way dear friend!