Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Surprise

To my surprise, as I sat in my home Friday morning working on the computer, the doorbell rang.  When I opened the door, my beautiful daughter, Brittney, was standing there wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.  What a gift, for sure.  She now resides in Utah and decided to surprise me, and a surprise it was.  Around 11:30am, we decided to go for a ride, hit a garage sale, then go out taking pictures.  We headed towards the Mackay reservoir where there were oodles of pretty, purple wild flowers, everywhere.

We rode along the top of the reservoir dam where I was able to capture this picture of the water with the mountains in the background.  So many awe moments in photography!

On the side of the dam is a hill/mountain that had a cave on one part of it.  There were many birds flying in and around the cave.  This photo doesn't show any of the birds, but they were all over the area.

This is just a random shot that I thought would be pretty, and it was.

From the reservoir, we headed up to the other end of the valley where I was able to get a picture of the Three Sisters.  The Three Sisters is the mountain range, with the three peaks, on the right-hand side of the photo.

Driving a little further, I captured another photo of the Three Sisters with their reflection in some water.  Pretty, and the sky was awesome, too.

Here is another photo of some mountains being reflected in water.  I don't know what this mountian range is, but it was pretty in a different way.

When it was time to head back to town, we decided to stop at the local hamburger drive-in and get a bite to eat.  There were some other ladies there that we knew so we sat at an outside table near theirs and enjoyed a good chat.  I totally enjoyed my day!  Oh, just thought I'd add............it was on Mother's Day, last year, from my oldest daughters persistance that I started blogging, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.      

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

more pretty shots. Is your camera worn out yet? If not keep snapping

Seth and Natalie said...

Seth told me you were out taking some pictures, and as usual they turned out beautifully! And I'm glad you made it home with such little fuel in the tank. I think the bottom picture is of the White Knob Mountain range, that's where our cows are headed tomorrow.

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

Marsha! That's an awsome surprise! I miss that little red fire cracker and I hope she had a great birthday too. I'm glad you joined the blogging world a year ago it's been great keeping up with you and seeing your amazing photos. NOW our next MISSON is to get BRITTNEY to start a blog! Never hear from her :O) Happy Mothers Day!