Sunday, May 6, 2012

Deer Pets Cause Damage


Looks like our little deer pets have done it again.  They ran out in front of some poor, unsuspecting travelers.  I was sitting at the kitchen table sewing a project when I looked out the window and noticed a couple of young men walking up the highway towards our home.  I called my husband and he said he was out in front of the house and that some travelers had hit a deer.  I looked out the window and sure enough, there were a few cars parked along side the road in front of our home.  Soon after, the police arrived and a fire truck.  Our place is known for deer and a few months ago the speed limit was changed approximately 1 mile from our home making it a 55 mile speed limit  instead of 65.  Why-O-Why, they didn't include our area in the slower speed range, is beyond my comprehension.  Our place is where a large amount of deer are constantly crossing the road, endangering the lives of many travelers.


The vehicle was smashed in around the radiator, making it impossible to drive to town so my husband told them they could park the vehicle on our property until arrangements could be made.  There wasn't any tow services available from our area to help them so they had to call one in from Idaho Falls.  There was also another vehicle traveling with them so some of them went to town while others stayed with the damaged vehicle.
 

Finally, after five hours of sitting around, someone arrived with a truck and trailer to help the weary travelers.  Oh, just thought I'd let you know that the lights you see in the trees is not a UFO.....it's the reflection of my dining room lights in my window, as I was taking this picture from inside my home.

1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Oh, DEER!!!! Ha ha! Get it? Okay, I'll leave now.... :c)