Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baby Animals & Ice Cream Sandwich Cameras

This post is going to start and finish with baby animals.  I needed to go to town this morning so on my way I stopped off at the neighbors to take her some egg cartons.  While there, she told me about their new baby lambs.  They were so cute so I had to take their picture.

From the neighbors, I went to town and on the way home I decided to stop off at the local green house to see what hanging plants they had.  When I pulled in, cedar wax wings flew off the ground in masses.  I thought if I just sat in the car long enough they would come back so I could get some pictures.  A few of them came back and were picking these little white balls off the ground.  I have no idea what they were eating or attempting to eat.  I say attempting because for every two they put in their beaks, every other one was pa-too-eed out.  Funny watching them.

Tonight for Young Women's, we had someone come and share their photography pictures and discuss with the girls how to use their cameras and the different features that were on their cameras.  It was a fun and informative evening.  For refreshments, we decided to make each girl a camera out of ice cream sandwiches.  We used Oreos for the lens and a little red licorice nib for the picture taking button.  They turned out really cute.  The only problem was that some of the ice cream sandwiches looked like they had been melted and re-frozen somewhere along the line but they still tasted great.

On my home from Young Women's, I noticed some colts and their momma's on the side of the road.  The momma horses were not as enthused as I was about taking their pictures and immediately led them away.  
 

2 comments:

Bridget and Ellyn said...

you take great pictures, even if it is of a horses behind. Wish I had your ability. Come take a picture of my owls would ya?

Anonymous said...

The wax wings are one of my favorite birds even though they are messy. Your camera dessert was creative to say the least. Your brain should be getting tired from all the things you make for different things. Keep having fun Max