Sunday, May 6, 2012

The "BIG MOON"

The News kept broadcasting, for two day, about the "BIG MOON".  Last night was supposed to be the night to look toward the sky to see the "BIG MOON".  I kept waiting for it to appear but could not see it.  I e-mail my sisters in Utah and they said it was out, shining brightly.  It was quite cold here so I put on my coat and gloves and went outside to check things out.  This is what I saw..............................  I thought to myself, this is just great, I want to get a picture of the "BIG MOON" and it is hidden behind the clouds.  I couldn't see from the house if it was out or not because the pine trees were blocking the view so I kept going in and out of the house checking to see if it would make its way out of the clouds.

Sure enough, after about a half hour of waiting, it showed.  It was indeed a pretty, bright moon.  It was not, however, the "BIG MOON" I was expecting.  To me, it looked no larger than any other moon I'd seen.  After taking a few pictures, I went in and talked with my sister and she confirmed my observations.................pretty, but not the "BIG MOON" we were expecting.

4 comments:

Bridget and Ellyn said...

We had fun watching the moon rise last night, and our kids thought it was So big. I also realized that they don't get to see the moon rise very often. They were just excited.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

I heard about the "Big Moon" and wanted to see it and forgot all about it. I was bummed until I read your post. I don't feel so bad about missing it now. :c)

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

Marsha! I too saw the BIG moon and thought the same thing.... Pretty but not any bigger than any other full moon I had seen. But it was nice and full and bright!

Anonymous said...

The moon was big and pretty. Maybe not huge but BIG HA HA Max