Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pretty Boy Decoy

Evan and I went to Blackfoot today to pick up some alfafa/grass mixture to plant in the fields.  From there we went to Idaho Falls to the LDS Cannery to pick up a few things and then off to Applebees for a late lunch.  As we were leaving Applebees, I looked across the street and there sat a Malard Duck.  Yupper, a picture moment.  I crossed the street and stood by a tree, quite a ways away from him to take the first picture.  He seemed pretty calm so I decided to get a little closer to see what he would do.  What a pretty boy.........he let me get to within 6 feet of him to take more pictures.  I didn't want to press my luck so that is as close as I dared venture.  I actually took 9 pictures of him before I decided it was time to quit and head back to the truck where Evan sat waiting patiently.  When I got in the truck, Evan asked if I was taking a picture of a decoy because he never seen the little guy move the entire time I was taking pictures of him.  Guess he just wanted to have his picture taken, huh.  Of course Evan was joking but if you didn't know better, it could have been a decoy.




2 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Wow. He is pretty. Glad you guys had a good time in I.F. today.

Seth and Natalie said...

He is so pretty! Too pretty to be a decoy.