Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Special Temple Day & Payson Temple Tour

What a special weekend we had in our family.  Our youngest daughter went through the Mount Timpanogos Temple for her first time.  Such a special day and can you believe it……we didn’t even take any pictures – Aghhhhh!  But I do have a picture of my daughter that I took in May, 2 years ago, by our flowering crab tree.  

Brittney

It was truly a special day.  The Mount Timpanogos Temple is a special temple to her because when this temple had its public open house in 1996, our family was part of that.  She was assigned to assist those who couldn’t walk, by pushing them through the tour in wheel chairs.  Besides going through the temple for her first time, it was also her birthday.  I’m sure this is one birthday she won’t be forgetting!

Later that day, we had the opportunity to go through the Payson Utah Temple for its public open house.  This temple is one of the most beautiful temples I have had the privilege to see.  Breathtaking, really!

IMG_0571

IMG_0572

IMG_0573

THIS SITE has beautiful pictures of the inside of the temple.  You know the saying…”A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words”.  Well, that statement does not ring true for this temple.  The pictures are not even close to the magnificent beauty of the inside of this temple. For a video tour, which I just came across this morning, CLICK HERE, and be sure to make your screen full size…….Oh my! 
For more information on this temple and/or to reserve a time that you would like to visit and tour the inside, you can go HERE.  Promises, promises – you will not be disappointed…..make your reservations, now…May 23rd is the last day of the public open house.

This is a picture of the Payson Temple, back in March of 2014, while it was still being built.  My sister’s friend took this photo………….

IMG9541713148457010

IMG9541713148457010

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

I got chills reading this post! What an exciting time for your family! I am really missing the temple in Idaho Falls - I've been spoiled, being able to get there in 10 minutes!

What beautiful pictures, I understand about the pictures not doing it justice. For me, the beauty is amazing, but it's the feeling that I get when I'm there that makes it so beautiful . . . love the pictures!

Congratulations to your beautiful daughter... :0)

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day indeed. I am glad I was able to share it you all...max

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day indeed. I am glad I was able to share it you all...max

Seth and Natalie said...

How awesome, I didn't know this happened! Tell Brittany congrats and that she is so cool!